WR WEEKLY NEWS

Everything but the moo

One hundred percent of each cow or steer is used. About 60 percent of each animal is harvested for food. The other 40 percent is used for a variety of things such as lipstick, jet fuel, toothpaste, soaps and lubricants for jet engines. Cattle provide insulin, that lifesaving medicine, diabetics cannot live without. Collagen from the hide is processed and used in plastic surgery. Other uses for the hide include furniture, car seats, purses and boots. Cow bones produce gelatin used in marshmallows and candies and fertilizer for crops.

Leave a Comment

*